More than 11'000 people work at ETH Zurich, of whom 52% are from other countries. The percentage of women is 35%.
- The average age of ETH Zurich professors is 51
- 5 408 employees at ETH Zurich come from Switzerland, 5 749 from abroad
- 1 310 administrative staff are on permanent contracts, 381 have fixed-term contracts
- 32% of the technical and IT staff work at ETH Zurich part-time
- ETH Zurich registered 4 661 new entries in 2016
Despite growth, the average age of ETH staff remained constant between 34 and 36 years of age.
Age structure 2016
The proportion of foreign staff at ETH Zurich has grown by 12 % in the last 10 years.
The ETH workforce grew by 0.4 % in 2016 and the number of FTE grew by 0.8 %.
Types of employment 2016
Salary basis 2016*
*Gross salary (100%), including apprentices and interns but not staff on hourly wages.
The number of part-time ETH staff in 2016 was 0.25 % less than in the previous year.