The department Controlling consists out of the three teams Controlling, Institutional Research (academic controlling) and CC SAP.
They support / coordinate and guide the management processes at ETH Zurich in close collaboration with the teaching and research units as well as the central support units. They guide resp. enable various projects and measures, optimise workflows, raise transparency and simplify and unify processes and systems. The aim is to set standards and consult organisational units effectively upon implementation.
Another major contributing factor is the analysis, supply and delivery of qualified data and information for decision processes.
The major tasks by team are:
- Prepare relevant information for ETH Executive Board
- Coordinate the external reporting coverage
- Analysis of financial data
- Production of the quarterly management reporting
- Coordination and conduct of the rolling strategic planning including the annual budgeting process
- Decision support for Executive Board, departments and support entities with analysis on staff, student, learning and research, facility and organissational data.
- Definie and establish resource and performance indicators
- Prepare surveys for rankings and benchmarkings and analyse conducted surveys as well as bibliometric data
- Coordination and conduct of annual AAA process für the academic reporting
- Provide base data für external reports (BfS, annual reports ETH and ETH domain
- Prepare results from BfS graduate surveys for further analysis by departments and central units
- Provide systems and instruments (direct from SAP or through the ETH information and support portal ETHIS)
- Develop and implement concepts for access or training