The language of instruction in all Bachelor programmes is German. Single courses may be taught in English.
Candidates who do not meet any of the requirements listed under points1 to 8 must submit one of the certificates listed under point 9 before the beginning of studies:
- Mother tongue [Native language] German: By ‘mother tongue’ we mean the main language which you acquired in childhood with no formal teaching. It is also the language in which you now write, speak and understand written and oral communication with the least effort and with the greatest competence (level C2 and higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). By ‘bilingual’ we mean that your knowledge of a second language fulfils the same criteria as those listed above for your mother tongue.
- German Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hochschulreife, provided the school is located in Germany or in the German-speaking part of Switzerland
- Austrian Reifeprüfungszeugnis, provided the school is located in Austria or in Liechtenstein
- Luxembourgian Certificat de fin d'études secondaires
- Diplom über die bestandene staatliche Abschlussprüfung an der Oberschule at a school located in South Tyrol and where German is the main medium of instruction
- Abschlusszeugnis der Oberstufe des Sekundarunterrichts of the 'Deutsche Gemeinschaft' in Belgium
- A minimum of eight years’ instruction in a school where German is the medium of instruction, located in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein or in the German-speaking part of Switzerland
- A minimum of three years full-time study programme with Bachelor qualification or other qualification from a university in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, provided the language of instruction was German.
- One of the following German-language certificates:
- Goethe-Zertifikat C1 with minimum rating 'gut' (www.goethe.de)
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2, ZOP, KDS und GDS (www.goethe.de)
- TestDaF with minimum level 4 in all exam sections (www.testdaf.de)
- ÖSD Zertifikat C1 with minimum rating "gut bestanden" (www.osd.at)
- DSH-3 (only the registered ® Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber)
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – second level with minimum C1 in each examination part
The language requirements must be fulfilled before the start of the study program. Otherwise, the admission to the Bachelor programme will not be possible. ETH Zurich does not offer German language courses.
|Submission of German-language certificate C1
|Conditional admission (entrance exam required)
||10.7.2017 (registration deadline for entrance exam)
|Unconditional admission (without entrance exam)