Certain students from those universities which have official cooperation agreements with ETH Zurich may register as special students.
Currently the following universities and student groups fall into this category:
- ETH Lausanne (EPFL): all undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
- University of Zurich: all undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
- Other Swiss universities: all Phd students
- University of Bern: only students of the Master's degree programme in Climate Science
- University of Basel: only students attending courses of the ETH Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering or attending ETH courses within the programme "PSC Master's Courses and Studies in Plant Sciences"
A person registered as a special student
- is not entitled to an ETH Card
- cannot acquire an ETH degree or Diploma
- Students working towards the SAV (Swiss Association of Actuaries) actuarial license may access all necessary information regarding registration, performance assessments, etc. at www.actuaries.ch
- Students working towards the cadastral surveyor's license (Geometerpatent) may access all necessary information regarding registration, performance assessments etc. at www.geomatik.ethz.ch/students/patent/index_EN.
Fees / Invoicing (SAV and Geometerpatent only):
- Fees correspond to the Fee Ordinance of the ETH Domain. Currently they are CHF 50.00 per weekly semester hour, to a maximum of CHF 580.00 per semester. Example: Attending a course which takes place two hours per week costs CHF 100.00 for the whole semester.