These restrictions apply in addition to any mentioned in the comments on the course unit.
Meaning of restrictions
- General: Here it is indicated whether all students, or only Special Students and auditors, require special permission from the lecturer to register for the course unit.
- Places: If room on the course is limited, the number of places available is shown here.
If a course is full further registrants will go on a waiting list (see below).
If a registration is cancelled, the first person on the waiting list moves up; here any rules listed further down under "Precedence" apply. The respective person is informed by email.
- Priority: Up to the deadline mentioned here, students of disciplines listed under the course unit’s “primary target group” have priority.
Students of other disciplines come onto a waiting list (see below).
If the deadline expires, persons on the waiting list move up according to the time of registration. If only a certain number of places are available, later registrants will remain on the waiting list. All persons are informed by email.
If no deadline is given the course unit is only open to students from the primary target group.
- Primary target group: Here the disciplines are listed whose students have priority in course registration (see above). If a specific semester in the curriculum is also defined, students in the corresponding discipline must attend in the current or a later semester.
- Waiting list: There will be a waiting list up to the deadline listed here (for reasons, see above).
When the deadline expires the waiting list is deleted and the respective persons are informed by email.
- End of registration period: After this deadline no more registrations will be accepted for the course unit in myStudies.
Note for schedule coordinators and lecturers:
Restrictions on attendance, other than those under "General", are managed by the Academic Services schedule coordination.
Each course unit provides links relevant to the topic of the course unit.
The links for learning materials are categorised according to the following topics:
- Main link: course unit homepage
- Recording: All the links contain video recordings, e.g., replay recordings of the courses or videos supporting the classes.
- Learning environment: links for web-based learning environments
- Teaching document repository: This link is acessible for the lecturer(s) of the learning unit and for students who have registred for the course unit in the listed semester.
- Documents: handouts, lecture notes or excursion data
- Literature: course unit literature, library links, etc
- Additional links: links not listed in the above categories
The links for the learning materials are accessible to the public or only to students (via "myStudies"). The "course catalogue" shows only links that are accessible to the public.
Why can the title of the course unit change when the course catalogue is invoked from the application "myStudies"?
The title of the course units in myStudies under "Registration" is always displayed in its original language which is the language of instruction.
But if you have logged into "myStudies" in English, and click on the title to see the detail of a registred course unit, you may notice that the title in the detail of the course unit is displayed in English which may not be the same as under "myStudies". The reason is that the application language in the "Course Catalogue" has, like in "myStudies", been set to English, and you see the translation of the course unit title. The number of the course unit, however, does not change.