Moodle is an open-source learning platform which aids the composition, distribution and administration of web-based teaching environments. Moodle offers:
- Simple creation and distribution of course materials
- Creation and automatic correction of online exercises and tests
- Administration of students
- Cooperative learning formats
Moodle is suitable for faculty who want an adaptable learning platform, strong in graphics, with all current functions. Its tools are ready to use, enabling a quick and easy start. (ETH-Lecturers can open a moodle course directly within eDoz, all others please contact our support for an application: ).
The comprehensive functions of Moodle include:
- Personal boxes on opening pages (current dates, news, current forum entries)
- The comprehensive test and assessment module for the learning check (e.g. IMS-QTI-compatible import/export)
- Comprehensive module for learning activities such as 'Forum', 'Chat', 'Task', 'Wiki', 'Glossary', 'Database', 'Hot Potatoes Quiz', 'Workshop' and 'Journal'
- An integrated authors' environment where content can be created without knowledge of html (Editor)
- Many system languages; currently English, German, Italian and French are installed on our system
- Compatible with current e-learning standards (SCORM, IMS etc.)
- TeX filter and jsmath filter
Moodle is open-source. Participation in development is possible. The learning platform is based on PHP/PostgreSQL technology.
Interesting links on Moodle:
- Overview: Overview: Which tool for which scenario (eledia.de)(eledia.de) [in German]
- Documentation (at moodle.org)[in German]