1. Preparing your application
1.1 When can I apply?
Details concerning application and other deadlines may be found in our application and registration schedule.
1.2 Putting together your application documents
Please include following documents - a certified translation (Original) of each document that is in a language other than English, German, French or Italian is required (translation according to our Verbindliche Standards für Übersetzungen und Transkripts (PDF, 56 KB)):
- Curriculum Vitae/résumé (in tabular form)
- Matriculation certificate (e.g. High School Diploma, GCE, Lise Diplomasi, Apolitirio, IB Diploma) (1 copy): If your matriculation certificate is not issued by the 30 April deadline, please inform us when you expect to submit it. Please send it immediately upon receipt.
- Mark sheets or transcripts of the last three years of your secondary school (1 copy)
- University transcripts (Original): required if you have already attended or are currently attending a university or college (according to our Verbindliche Standards für Übersetzungen und Transkripts (PDF, 56 KB))
- C1 German-language certificate (1 copy): if required
- Evidence of admission to a Bachelor’s degree programme of the same discipline in the country where you obtained your matriculation certificate: if required. This proof of admission must relate to the current academic year. It may be submitted after the application deadline, but no later than the end of August.
- Proof of payment of the application fee (confirmation of payment order), in case of bank transfer
Please do not include TOEFL, IELTS, DELF certificates, work/internship references, portfolios, letters of recommendation, distinctions, prizes, motivational letters. They are not relevant for admission to our Bachelor's programmes and will not be taken into consideration.
2. How do I submit my application?
2.1 Fill in the online application form
Applications to the first semester of the Bachelor programme must be submitted online.
2.2 Submit a printout of your application
Please fill in the online application form, make a PDF print-out of it, and send the print-out together with the documents specified under 1.2 to our mailing address. A dated and signed printout of your application must be mailed to us together with your documents and arrive at the Admissions Office no later than 30 April (date of post mark).
2.3 Late applications
The deadline for applications for the autumn semester is 30 April. Late applications for the autumn semester can only be considered under the following conditions:
- Your matriculation certificate fulfills all our criteria for unconditional admission to the first semester of the Bachelor programme (see website swissuniversities --> see ETHZ).
- The language requirements must be fulfilled.
- Late registrations must include all requested documents either in German, French, Italian or English as well as an official translation if submitted in any other language.
- The complete registration must arrive at the Admissions Office by 31 July at the latest.
Late applications incur a late registration fee in addition to the regular application fee.
Your full application will be processed upon receipt and we will inform you about the status of your application.
Applicants who apply after the deadline expiration of 30 April and who need to pass successfully the ETH entrance exam in order to be admitted may register at the earliest for the entrance examination of the following year.
3. Next steps?
The Admissions Office will evaluate your application and send you a decision in writing: