For Safe, Healthy, and Tasty Foods
Food Scientists work in the fields of production, storage, and distribution of safe, high quality and healthy foods.
There are four Majors to choose from in the Master programme:
- Food Processing deals with food production, transformation, and the optimization of these processes.
- Food Quality and Safety focuses on quality management, food composition, and quality maintenance during manufacturing, storage, and transportation.
- Nutrition and Health addresses foods and their influence on health.
- Human Health, Nutrition and Environment examines the effects of nutrition, disease and the environment on human beings and society.
The Major is enhanced by specific supplementary Minors and/or general electives which may be selected from the entire ETH and University of Zurich curricula. The six-month Master’s thesis completes the programme. A period of work experience is not compulsory, but is recommended.
- A Major
- Supplementary area (Minor I); second supplementary area (Minor II) or electives
- Master’s thesis (6 months)
- Food Processing
- Food Quality and Safety
- Nutrition and Health
- Human Health, Nutrition and Environment