Master Agricultural Sciences
Experts in World Nutrition
Agricultural scientists make a valuable contribution to ensuring reliable, ecological, economical and socially sustainable human nutrition. Here they strive to optimise the use of limited natural resources.
There are three specialisations to choose from in the Master’s degree programme:
- Agricultural Economics takes an in-depth look at economic and social aspects in the use of natural resources
- Animal Sciences covers basic knowledge in subjects such as genetics, nutrition, physiology and animal husbandry
- Plant Sciences deals with issues of plant production, plant protection and genetics.
The specialisation is enhanced by specific supplementary subjects and general electives which may be selected from the entire ETH and University of Zurich offering. A compulsory professional internship establishes the connection between theory and practice and enables students to gain valuable interpersonal and soft skills. The six-month Master’s thesis completes the programme.
- A specialisation (Major)
- Minor I & Minor II or electives
- Professional internship (30 KP)
- Master’s thesis (6 months, 30 KP)
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Sciences
- Plant Sciences
Credits ECTS: 120
Degree and title: Master of Science ETH in Agricultural Sciences
Unconditional transfer from
ETH Bachelor's degree programme Agricultural Science (in German)
Detailed information about the
Master’s degree programme Agricultural Sciences