Special Students "Universtity of Basel (UBa)"
Pursuant to an official agreement between ETH Zurich and the University of Basel, and the Rules of Procedure of the Zurich-Basel Plant Science Center (PSC), the following students regular enrolled for the semester at the University of Basel may also register at ETH Zurich as a Special Student:
- UBa-students who additionally attend courses of the ETH Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering (D-BSSE) = category D-BSSE
- UBa-students who attend ETH courses within the programme "PSC Master's Courses and Studies in Plant Sciences" = category PSC
Registration for the first time or after a break
Please fill out the registration form in full and submit it at the latest by the end of the first semester week to the address stated on the form.
Registration opens August, 1 for the Autumn Semester and January, 1 for the Spring Semester. Registration deadline: end of the first week (of the respective semester).
The ETH Zurich Registrar’s Office will confirm your registration and first-time/post-break semester enrolment by post.
Registration for a consecutive semester
Special Students with active registration will automatically receive an e-mail (sent to their ETH e-mail address) in July (for the Autumn Semester) or December (for the Spring Semester) from the Registrar’s Office informing them that they may register for a consecutive semester.
Registration deadline: end of the second semester week.
Registration as a Special Student, attendance of ETHZ courses and the sitting of examinations are free of charge for the above mentioned University of Basel students.
Please see the information sheet for Special Students (PDF, 56 KB) for further information on registering as a Special Student "D-BSSE" and "PSC" respectively.
- Registration: Period of validity, Procedure, Deadlines
- Semester enrolment
- Electronic registration for course units
- Performance assessments: Types, Registration/Deregistration, Deadlines
- Issuing of examination results / Transcript of records
- Recognition of academic achievements
- Basic IT services / Communication / Technical problems