For important information on supervising scholarship holders please see the information sheet Will you be my supervisor? (PDF, 377 KB)
For the research stay the following points, as a minimum, should be clarified before you issue a letter of confirmation for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship application:
- The candidate’s academic competence
- The quality of the research project
- The candidate’s language proficiency
- For doctoral students:
- Advance clarification by the Doctoral Administration as to whether the potential candidate can be admitted to undertake a doctorate at ETH Zurich, and if yes, what the prospective admissions requirements might be
- Guarantee of financial continuation should the doctorate take longer than the maximum scholarship duration of 36 months
Beginning of the fellowship
The fellowship begins on 1 September of the respective calendar year.
An earlier start for academic reasons at ETH Zurich should be reported to the ETH Zurich reception service and sorted out independently with Human Resources. A significantly later start is generally not possible.
If you have questions or are unsure about anything please do not hesitate to contact the reception service for scholarship holders!
Contact persons at ETH Zurich
Reception service for scholarship holders (administrative matters)
Sandra Zweifel, Tel +41 44 632 51 52
FCS delegate at ETH Zurich (academic matters)
Prof. Stefano Bernasconi, Tel +41 44 632 36 93