Information for Refugees
Are you interested in studying at ETH Zurich? International Student Support can tell you how to proceed. Please telephone us (Mon., Tue., Fri.) or arrange an appointment by email.
Application for a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme
Applicants who fulfil the prerequisites for admission to a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme must undergo the normal application procedure. For a rough orientation, please see the Fact Sheet for Refugees (PDF, 29 KB).
Detailed information on admission prerequisites and the application procedure can be found on the websites of the Admissions Office.
Have you already started or finished studies in a technical or scientific field in your home country? Would you like to discover what studying at ETH Zurich is like?
Being an attendee allows you to attend lectures and get to know the requirements and content of an ETH Zurich course of studies. Participation is for one semester and is free of charge.
The Discovery semester is organised by the VSETH (Association of Students at the ETH) and supported by ETH Zurich.
- Study background in a technical / scientific field
- Sufficient language skills in German and/or English (level B1/B2 is recommended)
- Residence in or near Zurich
- Residence permit B, F or N
(applicants with B or F permit are given priority)
As an attendee:
- You are not allowed to take examinations.
- You are not allowed to acquire an ETH degree or diploma.
- You have no student status.
- You cannot obtain a confirmation of participation.
How to apply for the Discovery semester
The application deadline for the spring semester 2017 (start on 20 February 2017) has expired. Late applications cannot be accepted.