Bridge is a joint program by SNSF and CTI. There are two funding instruments within the program: Proof of concept for young researchers; Discovery for experienced researchers.
Proof of Concept is aimed at young researchers (bachelor’s degree and higher) who wish to develop an application or service based on their research results. These projects may target innovations of all kinds from all research areas. The work must be conducted at ETH Zurich or EPFL, any other university or at a university of applied sciences.
- Support for salary and direct project costs, max. CHF 130,000 per year
- Duration: 1 year, extension of max. 6 months possible
- Two-step evaluation process:
- Pre-selection based on submitted documents, 2nd phase with interviews
- www.bridge.ch, hotline +41 31 308 23 67
Discovery is aimed at experienced researchers who aim to explore and implement the innovation potential of research results. Only technological innovations that have a societal and economic impact will be funded.
From the beginning of 2017, detailed information about the calls and conditions of BRIDGE Discovery will be available on www.bridge.ch.