ETH Innovation und Entrepreneurship Lab (ieLab)
Video about the ieLab
Encouraging and challenging bright, talented entrepreneurs and helping them along the path to success
The ieLab brings together talented young entrepreneurs from ETH Zurich, experienced figures from the business world and alliance partners from industry.
The ieLab cultivates a climate of innovation, exploration and translation. Talented young students with a flair for entrepreneurship are supervised, supported, encouraged and challenged by experienced coaches – who are successful serial entrepreneurs themselves – on their way to realising their entrepreneurial goals.
Speeding up the transfer of technology
The programmes and services offered by the ieLab for young entrepreneurs and researchers are designed to help make the results of scientific research carried out at ETH Zurich available to business and society more quickly and to fully exploit their commercial value.
The ieLab provides tangible and varied support for young entrepreneurs at ETH Zurich:
- Individual coaching by successful serial entrepreneurs
- Intensive networking to establish links with experienced business figures
- Support for forging partnerships and alliances with industry at an early stage
- Help with finding out about the wide range of funding programmes available for young entrepreneurs in Switzerland
- “Matchmaking” through contacts with trainees, postdocs and students at ETH Zurich
- Access to all the services offered by ETH transfer (e.g. legal matters, contracts, patents)
- Help with finding follow-up financing for setting up a business
- Office space in an open-plan environment, including IT infrastructure
- Specialist workspaces (in the Life Science area with BSL-2 laboratories)