Villa Garbald, a seminar and training centre in the Val Bregaglia, provides a unique setting for multi-day workshops and retreats.
Together with the Roccolo guesthouse, the villa boasts modern seminar infrastructure and accommodation for up to 14–16 participants.
There are ten single and four double rooms at Villa Garbald. Working spaces include an auditorium (36 m2), seminar rooms, a library and extensive grounds.
Working spaces are equipped with the following seminar infrastructure:
- WLAN and cable internet connections
- Network printer for Windows and Apple devices
- DVD player
- Flipcharts, bulletin boards, whiteboards and presentation materials
The Garbald Fund can provide financial support for supervised groups of ETH students to use the villa. Applications should be made to the Villa Garbald management team.
Bookings and information
The Villa Garbald management team, Siska Willaert and Arnout Hostens, will be happy to provide more information:
Siska Willaert und Arnout Hostens
Via Principale7608 Castasegna
Villa Garbald is closed annually from the beginning of December until mid-February.
Travel to Villa Garbald
The rail journey to Villa Garbald passes through some of Switzerland’s most impressive mountain landscapes: The first leg of the journey takes you to Chur with Swiss Federal Railways (SBB). You then board the Albula line of the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which takes you through a UNESCO world heritage site on the way to St. Moritz. Dating back more than a century, this railway line represents an exceptional feat of civil engineering and railway line planning: a true showpiece from the pioneering days of the railways.
The journey continues on from St. Moritz via PostBus, traveling along the lakes of the Upper Engadine, over the Maloja Pass and through the Val Bregaglia to Catasegna (bus stop: Castasegna, Vecchia Dogana).
The journey from Zurich takes between four and five hours, depending on your connection times. The perfect way to get in the mood for your stay at Villa Garbald.
Sie haben verschiedene Möglichkeiten, um mit dem Auto nach Castasegna zu fahren. Die Reisezeit ab Zürich beträgt je nach gewählter Route rund dreieinhalb bis vier Stunden:
- Über Chur via Thusis – Julierpass – Maloja nach Castasegna
- Über Chur via Thusis – Splügenpass – Chiavenna (Italien) – Castasegna (Achtung: Splügenpass ist im Winter geschlossen)
- Via Gotthard – Lugano – Chiavenna (Italien) nach Castasegna
Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Villa Garbald über keinen eigenen Parkplatz verfügt. In der Nähe gibt es aber kostenlose öffentliche Parkplätze.
Many roads lead to Castasegna. Travel time from Zurich runs somewhere between three-and-a-half and four hours:
- through Chur via Thusis – Julier Pass – Maloja to Castasegna
- through Chur via Thusis – Splügen Pass – Chiavenna (Italy) - Castasegna (Please note that the Splügen Pass is closed over the winter)
- via the Gotthard – Lugano – Chiavenna (Italy) to Castasegna
Villa Garbald itself does not have any parking, but there is free public parking nearby.