Werner Oechslin Library Foundation
The Werner Oechslin Library Foundation, a research library in Einsiedeln run in collaboration with ETH Zurich, opens up the collection belonging to the architectural historian Werner Oechslin to the general public.
Approximately 60,000 source publications and books on architecture and applied science from the early days of printing to the twenty-first century.
- Works on architectural theory and history
- Treatises and books on art literature
- Works on mathematics, perspectives, physics and construction
- Publications on archaeology, history, literature
- Philosophical and theological publications
- Modern art and architecture of the twenty-first century
Relevance of research and Public
The large concentration of sources on the subject areas collected, especially from the early days of printing to 1800, is important.
Current activities, projects
- Cataloguing, research on books, research on architectural theory in the German-speaking cultural sphere
- Colloquia, baroque summer courses, colloquia on architectural theory, architecture discussions, exhibitions, tours
Use of the archive / online presence
Vitruviana – Online access to the Vitruvius-related books of the Werner Oechslin Library