Graphische Sammlung ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich's Collection of Prints and Drawings is an art collection comprising around 160,000 works on paper from the fifteenth century to the present day.
Approximately 160,000 printed works and drawings by 8,500 artists from the fifteenth century to the present day.
- Collection belonging to Heinrich Schulthess-von Meiss (1813–1898): over 12,000 sheets from Schongauer to Rembrandt
- Collection belonging to Rudolf Bühlmann (1812–1891): approximately 11,000 individual works and 150 bound books of engravings
- Illustrated books
- European prints, drawings and watercolours from the fifteenth to the twentieth century
- Artist books and multiples
- Contemporary photography
Relevance of research and Public
Graphische Sammlung ETH Zürich is one of the most significant of its kind throughout Switzerland and has also an international reputation. Sections of it are regularly presented in exhibitions. The collection is an important foundation for research projects.
Current activities, projects
- Digitization of the collection
- Four to five temporary public exhibitions per year
- Public lunchtime tours of current exhibitions
Use of the archive / online presence
The online collection comprises thematic focuses, and information on artists and works.