The use of Rectorate rooms is regulated by the Regulations on Room Use (in German) (PDF, 62 KB) and die Guidelines on using Rectorate Rooms (in German) (PDF, 43 KB).
During periods when teaching and examinations do not take place and during the Easter holidays, teaching rooms are, as a rule, available for congresses, conferences, lectures and one-off events.
The Room and Course Scheduling Office in the Rectorate is responsible for managing the teaching rooms (lecture auditoriums and seminar rooms) on the ETH Zurich Zentrum and Hönggerberg campuses.
The Room information application can be used to view the managers and points of contact for all rooms, information about their facilities and maps of buildings and rooms, with no obligation.
In principle, the following framework conditions apply to the reservation of teaching rooms (Rectorate rooms):
- Only those events are permitted that are directly related to ETH Zurich.
- Rectorate rooms cannot be used for meetings or gatherings organised by companies, societies and associations which have no connection with ETH Zurich.
- Rooms cannot be booked for courses run by other institutions and/or training organisations which are not directly connected with ETH Zurich.
- Rooms can be booked up to one year in advance. For all other enquiries, only a provisional reservation can be made, with no obligation. Such reservations can normally not be guaranteed.
- The Semper Aula (HG G 60) cannot be booked.
Teaching rooms for "ausserordentliche Benutzung"
The following additional conditions apply to "ausserordentliche Benutzung" use:
- Room enquiries for events to be held during regular lecture hours (8 am to 5 pm) during the semester are processed from the 3rd week of the semester onwards or 14 days before the event.
- Room enquiries for events during the semester but outside regular teaching hours (Mon-Fri after 5 pm and Saturdays until 5 pm) can only be considered after publication of the Course Catalogue.
- Normally no room fee is charged for "ausserordentliche Benutzung". For commercial use, however, a hire charge is levied.
Use by third parties
The following additional conditions apply to use of rooms by third parties:
- During the semester, the rooms are only available for use by external event organisers from Monday to Friday after 6 pm and all day on Saturdays (until 5 pm). Enquiries for rooms during the semester can only be processed after publication of the Course Catalogue.
- The Audi Max (HG F 30) is not available for external events during the semester.
- Meeting rooms may not be used by external event organisers.
- The use of rooms by third parties incurs a fee.