Markets in the Tropics - Transdisciplinary Summer School
Colombia, Barranquilla, 6th - 17th July 2015
This summer architects, engineers and environmental scientists from the ETH will be joining forces with the Universidad del Norte to develop sustainable scenarios for the central market in Barranquilla, Colombia. In this Caribbean Market we are going to develop urban alternatives, engage in participatory urban design and reach out to local decision makers. The Summer School is being run in partnership with the Municipality of Barranquilla, Findeter, the Inter-American Development Bank and SECO.
Markets in the Tropics is a summer school program in the Colombian city of Barranquilla. It is part of a wider initiative from the Brillembourg & Klumpner Chair of Architecture and Urban Design to accompany this city's rapid urban expansion.
ETH Teaching Team
- Prof Alfredo Brillembourg, Prof Hubert Klumpner, Marie Grob – Urban Think-Tank, D ARCH
- Dr. Michael Stauffacher, Dr. Pius Krütli, Alice Hertzog – Trans-Disciplinarity Lab, D-USYS
- Javier Ortigosa – Traffic Engineering Research Group (SVT), Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT), D-BAUG
We are recruiting 12 master students from D-ARCH, B-BAUG and D-USYS with a strong interest in urban transformation.
- Travel Scholarships Available
- 4 ECTS - Inscription cost 300 CHF
- Registration until May 30th